Rose Hill Cemetery Information
Rose Hill Cemetery was established in 1874 and is located at Phenie Avenue & Lelia Street in Texarkana, Texas. The Rosehill Cemetery Association was formed in 1889 by Mrs. J.T. Rosborough and the City Council began implementing resolutions and ordinances in 1922 to help protect this historic cemetery and memorial lawn. Over the years, the Cemetery Association was dissolved and the City of Texarkana, Texas became the sole property owner and caretaker.
The cemetery and memorial lawn is the final resting place for several of Texarkana’s pioneers, forebears and veterans dating back to the Civil War. These include the graves of Otis Henry, a War World I Soldier and Captain Francis Marion Henry, one of the City’s Founding Fathers and a Great-Great Grandson of American Patriot, Patrick Henry. The plots and deeds are the private property of the individual or family members. The Parks & Recreation Department is responsible for the general maintenance of the cemetery.
Please note the following:
Cemetery gates are open daily from 7AM to 7PM.
The city has limited information regarding some of the plots to include the deceased’s name, block number, lot number and date of burial. In some cases, the information may include the space number and date of death.
The city’s records contain information through 2001. The records cannot be verified as accurate.
The city’s website features the full map (PDF) of the cemetery and smaller block maps per section from “A” through “H”. The maps are explained as follows:
- The entrance is at the top of the map.
- The sections and plots are numbered.
- The graves down the middle are for soldiers from World War II, The Korean War and others.
- 1. The blocks range from “A” through “H”, however, the letter “H” is not indicated on the map. The plots for “H” start on the left side of the map (north) next to “D” and continue south to the bottom, then around and up the right side next to “F”.
To access more information about this cemetery, please visit the Find a Grave website.